firefigher of the year
Since 1980, the Mound Fire Department has recognized one firefighter as the department "Firefighter of the Year." The tradition continued in 2017, with the Mound "Firefighter of the Year" award going to Lieutenant Nick Farley.
The recipient of the Firefighter of the Year Award is determined by and based upon a nomination and evaluation process. The nomination process involves all of the current Mound firefighters. All active firefighters are eligible to win the award.
The award is based upon pre-determined performance criteria including:
- A firefighter's level of participation, involvement, and contribution to the department.
- The number of responses to emergency fire and rescue calls.
- Attending and leading department training sessions.
- Amount of time dedicated to public relations activities.
- Support of the department's team environment and a positive attitude.
Lieutenant Farley has been a volunteer with the Mound Fire Department since joining the ranks in March 2013. Lieutenant Farley was promoted to his Lieutenant role in July of 2017, which is quite an accomplishment for a firefighter with about 5 years of service.
Lieutenant Farley is an enormous asset to the Mound Fire Department. Congratulations to Lieutenant Nick Farley on his many accomplishments and this award, and for being selected as the 2017 Mound Firefighter of the Year! Great job Lieutenant Nick Farley!